Thursday 26 December 2013

ON THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS...


Quite a number of the Christmas cards we received this year featured variations on the well-known Christmas song about the Twelve Days of Christmas and what my True Love brought to me on each of them, and that may because many years ago (1977, heaven help me!) I wrote a little Christmas entertainment for radio that became a kind of annual feature of the BBC seasonal schedule! I was, of course, immensely fortunate to have the one-and-only Penelope Keith perform the piece and make it so wonderfully her own.

As the BBC aren't dusting it off this year, I thought I'd share it with you myself!

So, on this the First Day of Christmas, here are Miss Penelope Keith and Mr Timothy Bateson in–––

...AND YET ANOTHER PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR-TREE
A Cautionary Tale for Christmas
Showing that it is Better to Give than to Receive



4 comments:

lucie1067 said...

Oh my goodness! I heard a rendition of this some years ago and laughed all the way through it! YOU wrote it?! I love it, and Penelope Keith.

Suzanne said...

Thank you Brian, for cheering up this morning! I just love this!

Roger O B... said...

That well known plaigiarist JJN has reissued his knockoff with illustrations by another of your faves,(!)Quentin Blake, and it was recommended by a certain Sunday newspaper, I observed.

Val said...

I listen to this every year and every year it makes me laugh ...Thank You! :0)