Monday 24 December 2012

GOOD NEWS FROM BETHLEHEM

Today's the day and tonight's the night when, all the world over, the story of the first Christmas will be retold anew.

Rummaging though a stack of old programme cassettes, I came across this little seasonal offering that was my own contribution to the endless retelling of the 2012-year-old tale...

First broadcast on Christmas Day 1983, it was entitled A Birthday at Bethlehem and starred two of my favourite people for whom I wrote early on in my career: Thora Hird and Peter Goodwright. The readings are by Peter Bartlett and the music is from Tarleton's Jig. 

 
I hope you enjoy it and have a wonderful Christmas Eve in preparation for a glorious Christmas Day!

Click arrow to play

Image: Nativity by the brilliant Chinese artist, He Qi

3 comments:

Boll Weavil said...

Thanks for posting these up over Christmas Mr B. I have a lot of them but not this one...a real festive treat ! Happy Christmas to you and David and to all my fellow readers of your blog...wherever you are in the world today.

Brian Sibley said...

Very early Sibley! Glad you enjoyed it! Happy Christmas, my dear Boll! :)

ArteyOficios said...

Happy Christmas Boll, happy Xmas to everyone!!