Monday 3 January 2011

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Just before Christmas, I wrote about the Disney studio's plans for a projected Fantasia 2006 which was to have included the sequence featuring Hans Christian Andersen's story of The Little Match Girl.

The comments to that post noted the other planned sequences for the film, but in case you missed that exchange, here is one of them, appropriately enough, One by One, performed by LeboM.

The lyrics begin...

"Ibabeni njalo bakithi, Ninga Dinwa..."
"Hold on tight my people, don't get weary..."

At what is still the beginning of a New Year, this little film is filled with things we can all do with just now: sun, warmth, laughter - and hope!



...and may whatever you wish yourself
be yours in 2011

You can read a translation of the lyrics to One by One here.

4 comments:

Toonfactory said...

Hi Brian,

Namaste from India

I was just browsing thru Mr.Hans Bacher's blog and stepped here and its great to realize I bumped into you (your blog), and its a pleasure because I have just finished reading your delightful Peter Jackson biography and it's LEGENDARY!! Loved the book!! And I have almost all the DVDs with your commentary too...Gotta check them out too...

Have a great year ahead,

Alok

Toonfactory said...

Hi Brian,

Namaste from India

I was just browsing thru Mr.Hans Bacher's blog and stepped here and its great to realize I bumped into you (your blog), and its a pleasure because I have just finished reading your delightful Peter Jackson biography and it's LEGENDARY!! Loved the book!! And I have almost all the DVDs with your commentary too...Gotta check them out too...

Have a great year ahead,

Alok

Brian Sibley said...

Alok – Welcome! :) So glad you like my book on Peter Jackson! Come back and visit soon...

Neil-W said...

Nice sequence. The mind boggles at what gets released and what gets sidelined these days, Im glad that we're living in an age where we can discover or re-discover gems like this and that they're not hidden in a vault somewhere gathering dust.