Saturday 23 May 2009

SMOKY SOUNDS

Amazon kindly wrote to me the other day, saying: "As someone who has purchased or rated Winter Lullabies by Howard Goodall, you might like to know that Yanomami: Music for Choir and Guitar is now available. You can order yours for just £13.69 by following the link below."

I did and was faced with the following - rather disturbing CD cover...


Well if ever there was proof that smoking can damage your health, that is it!

Apart from which, I remain unconvinced that Amazon's similar-product-identifying machine got it quite right on this occasion. The link between Howard Goodall (that nice English composer who wrote the theme music for The Vicar of Dibley) and the Hispanic/Latin American choir, Coro Cevantes, elludes me.

Still, it's intriguing! And might just possibly provide David with a musical accompaniment for a multiple cigarette production routine!

And to inspire him, here's a superb performance which only needs the addition of another four fags to achieve something similar to the illusion demonstrated above.



3 comments:

scb said...

The connection eludes me, as well. I used to order Yanomami-related things for the library I ostensibly work for, but never anything like that!

If David wants other musical accompaniment for a cigarette routine, if he's going to try to reproduce the effect that made my stomach all squibbly when the chap seemed to push the cig through his eye, might I suggest "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes"?

And for other musical news, please see my blog. I'm doing a little happy dance today (not on film, I hasten to assure you...)

Brian Sibley said...

David does a good trick in disappearing lighted cigarettes with his bare hands that ought to make people give up smoking (or burn him as a witch) but they usually seem more cross than amused. I suppose with the price of ciggies these days that's not too surprising...

Anonymous said...

I also suffer from Amazon's strange links. Never order anything "Best of...." or all other "Best of" titles appearon your list. Also it adds items you've bought off other people's wish lists to your suggestions. So, everytime I buy my great nephews presents it thinks I might like more Lego/Dinosaur books etc.! The need a real librarian to make sensible suggestions!

Roger O B...

Betal: what that Indian probably chews!