Monday 17 December 2007

TOP DOGS

Say what you like about Dr Who, I think what he needs is not Kylie but a DOG! I mean, you could argue that the Doctor hasn't had really faithful and reliable friend since K9 went on the blink...

So, here's a couple of possible contenders...

A 'recycled' hound spotted (and photographed) by Jen Miller in the children's area of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum in Glasgow (a distant relative of the Perishers' pooch, Boot, perhaps)...


...and a balloon dog by Jeff Koons seen sniffing around the Palazzo Grassi in Venice last December...


Images: Jen Miller and Brian Sibley, © 2007

4 comments:

SharonM said...

The first dog looks bootiful - must pop along and see it.
The second one is a lovely colour - no doubt it is valued at a highly inflated price. And they both make K9 seem extrememly animated.

Unknown said...

There are some of us who think Doctor Who went to the dogs quite some time ago ;-)

Brian Sibley said...

Nice puns, guys!

LisaH - I'm sure you realised this but the Koons-dog is actually made of metal...

IAN - I knew I could guarantee getting a comment from you if I mentioned Dr W! ;-)

SharonM said...

Well it looks like a sausage-dog made out of balloons but since it isn't I suppose my pun seems a bit leaden.