Friday 5 January 2007

WORD ASSOCIATION

HAPPY NEW YEAR and if you're not already back at work, it can't be long now...

So, to help you limber up the old brain cells, here's a beastly brainteaser for you...

What have the following words got in common?
Banana

Dresser

Grammar

Potato

Revive

Uneven

Voodoo

Assess

















Good luck with puzzling it out and, for anyone who doesn't succeed, I'll reveal the answer tomorrow...

[Image: Cartoon © Hugh MacLeod, 2006 on the dangerously diverting gapingvoid.com]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an idea, but I don't want to blurt it out in your comments area in case I spoil it for someone else.

Anonymous said...

Hrumph. I'm no good at these things.

The best I can think of is that they all have two sets of double letters? And I really don't think that could be it. Or could it? Gah! Frustrating!

Brian Sibley said...

Feel free to send your guesses...

I won't publish them if you're right (or, in the case of Mr Scrooge) NEARLY right until tomorrow!

Mark Lee said...

None of them cotains a Z

Brian Sibley said...

That's true, Mark, but it is not THE answer... Nor is it that none of the words contain a 'y' or a 'f' or a 'j' or a 'w' or quite a few other letters. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Stab in the dark: Linguistic origin perhaps? Otherwise, as we say in French, "je donne ma langue au chat" - I give my tongue to the cat!